Since 1929, the Manila Central University College of Dentistry is committed to produce individuals for the general practice of the Dentistry profession. The MCU graduates are scientifically knowledgeable, technically capable and socially sensitive in the maintenance and care of oral health.
The College of Dentistry is determined to produce men and women who are adept in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of oral diseases. These people will be competent in providing comprehensive dental treatment, sensitive to social and moral climate of their communities, research-oriented and can assume a leadership role.
MCU dentistry student are molded to be responsive professionals through state-of-the–art technology based instruction, innovative community health programs and research-oriented curriculum.
The MCU Dentistry program consists of six (6) levels (Dentistry I – VI) from General Education in the first two years, Basic Medical and Dental sciences, Pre-Clinical subjects in the next two years and Clinical Training in the final two years.
The Doctor of Dental Medicine program aims to produce graduates who are:
- Competent professionals in providing comprehensive oral care management
- Sensitive to the social and moral climate of the community
- Research oriented, and
- Assume leadership and contribute to nation building
Doctor of Dental Medicine
Sustain its status as one of the leading dental education providers through relevant and holistic education.
Transform dentistry students into goal-oriented, resilient, and compassionate individuals who continuously strive for academic excellence and clinical competence manifesting love of God, professionalism, volunteerism, and nationalism that will enable them to participate actively and lead in community and national development efforts through innovative program of studies and instruction applying cutting edge technology, relevant socio-cultural and health programs, research, and other scholarly and creative endeavors.
- General Dental Practitioner
- Dental health care providers in hospital, local government units, military, and investigative agencies
- Academician Dentists can be employed in colleges and universities that offer Dentistry and other allied health programs
- Researcher, medical scientists, innovator
- Pharmaceutical and allied industry expert and consultant
- Dental Student Council
Serves as the unified voice of the MCU dental students as well as a venue through which the students may achieve greater cooperation, unity and interaction.
- Philippine Dental Student Association (MCU Chapter)
Promotes unity and cooperation among dental students of different schools and dental associations to raise the standard of dental education and practice in the Philippines.
- KATUWANG (Kaagapay Tungo sa Wagas na Pagtulong)
The outreach arm of the College of Dentistry that involves students, faculty, staff and alumni volunteers in response to promote health and well-being of the less fortunate members of the community.
- Junior Clinicians Organization
- Senior Clinicians Organization
- Philippine Association of Dental Colleges (PADC)
- Southeast Asian Association of Dental Education (SEAADE)
- Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
- School of Medicine and Dentistry, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
- School of Dentistry, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
- University of the Philippines Manila – College of Dentistry
- Sibling Loyalty Discount
- MCU Loyalty Discount
- MCU Alumni Discount
- MCU Continuing Student Discount
- Presidential Decree 577
- Presidential Decree 451
- Creative Arts Group Grant
- Entrance Scholarship
- Filemon D. Tanchoco Scholarship